WARMER MIXTAPES #1332 | by Stefano Donato [Lukash] of The Step

1. Oasis | Champagne Supernova
The best song ever on the best album ever!!!! It also reminds me of the Summer of 2003 and going to Glastonbury for the first time. This song is just epic and comes from our favourite Oasis album, (What's The Story) Morning Glory?, and, although we also love Wonderwall and Don’t’ Look Back In Anger, we are absolutely sure that the greatest song for us is Champagne Supernova!

2. Lucio Battisti  | I Giardini Di Marzo 
Battisti is probably the best Italian singer/songwriter of all time, with his lyricist Mogol. This song is something you probably don’t know, it’s from the 70s, it sounds like a Beatles song from The White Album or Abbey Road. This song and his singing just sounds so true, melancholy, why don’t you check it out? One day while I was writing songs for the EP, I just realized how much of our sounds and vibe comes from this artist and this song in particular.

3. Stereophonics | Mr. Writer 
Groove. Just try not to dance to this song - it's impossible! Moody keyboards, groovy bass and drums. Amazing voice. I love Kelly Jones' voice, absolutely stunning.

4. Goo Goo Dolls | Iris (City Of Angels Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Teenager days, not knowing a lot of things, feeling insecure, this song totally captures how I felt as a teenager. I just wanted to hide inside my room singing and I don’t want the World to see me. I listened to it too much, and by that I mean that now I know every small details of it, every note literally. There is one point in the song where you can even hear someone turning a sheet of Music - I listened to it this much. The sound is amazing: acoustic guitar, mandolin and cello. The sliding solo is wicked, the rhythm changes, the strings section, dissonance at the end. Iris is actually a song I can’t talk about without talking about Music, Notes, Chords, SoundsIt reminds me how I really love Music and why.

5. Sigur Rós | Hoppípolla
I use to listen to it when it’s raining. It makes me feel like a kid. I just run outside under the rain and jump in all the puddles!!!!

6. Alanis Morissette | Ironic 
One of the songs that has marked my songwriting in a hidden, silent but powerful way. That juxtaposition between the softness of the verses and the bite of the Rock chorus. It taught me you can be delicate and hard, simple and moving without the need to look for solutions, just let your inner feelings explode and be yourself.

7. Arctic Monkeys | R U Mine? 
When I’m listening to it I need one of these two things: Sex or alcohol... Both sometimes... Pure groovy Rock. Arctic Monkeys are one of the best bands at the moment.

8. Coldplay | Clocks 
An unbeatable piano riff, I still remember when I took a day off from everything to listen to A Rush Of Blood To The Head, I didn’t like it at all at first, but then I spent all the afternoon playing it on the piano. I love Chris Martin’s voice, just great. I’m still wondering to what planet it’s taking me to every time I listen to it. So cool!

9. Kasabian | Switchblade Smiles
The perfect mix of Rock, Industrial and Electro!

10. Oasis | Stand By Me 
I love this song, it’s the first song I ever played on a stage with an electric guitar. A lot of memories arise every time I listen to the sound of those guitars, and the Bowie style drum fill on the chorus is just a killer.