WARMER MIXTAPES #1139 | by Sima Kim

1. Arvo Pärt | Spiegel Im Spiegel (Performed by Vladimir Spivakov and Sergej Bezrodny)
To depict this song correctly I should invent something more than words. One day, my mate introduced this song to me and I was shocked. Actually this song is so simple. Just repeats some chords and a very simple and slow violin melody. That's all. But actually is more than that.

2. Karlheinz Stockhausen | Studie II
This song is one of my favorites and a really important song of my musical life. This song has interesting sounds, texture and aesthetics. And urged me to study Music. I mean, somewhat I went to College of Music for knowing what is the Beauty, what is the Logic, what is the Music and so on about this kind of compositions.

3. Ludwig Van Beethoven | Piano Sonata No.1, Op.2 No.1 (Performed by Daniel Baranboim)
Maybe this song is the Beethoven's favorite  Piano Sonata of almost all guys and gals who plays a piano. And often first thing has a very special meaning. I started to learn playing a piano when I was 18 year old, applying for the College of Music.

4. Johannes Brahms | Symphony No. 4 In E Minor, Op. 98 (Performed by New York Philharmonic; Conductor: Leonard Bernstein)
When I was in the Military Training camp I couldn't listen to any Music. Then I listened to this song in my dream. Actually I listened this song firstly in my University days. And then I learned how Brahms organized this song and I was fascinated with his way. This composition is beyound logic to me.

5. AKB48 | Ue Kara Mariko
Shinoda Mariko is my first and last idol.



6. Bill Evans | Waltz For Debby
Too beautiful. Simple theme. I can't remember where/when I heard it firstly. Sounds always fresh to me.

7. Jeff Buckley | Grace
Perhaps I had listened to this song before I saw a CD with it in my mate's house. But my first memory about this song is in that room. This song is more than a Pop/Rock anthem. I don't know why. But just feels distinctive and gorgeous.

8. Victimae Paschali Laudes (Sequence prescribed for the Roman Catholic Mass of Easter Sunday) (Performed by Benedictine Monks of Notre-Dame de Triors)
I encountered this Kyrie song in a class about Music History in my Uni days. This song is what Monophony means, there is no accompaniment, contrapunctual devices and so on. But still beautiful. Moreover, this song has structure too!

9. Joe Pass | All The Things You Are (Hiram Sherman/Frances Mercer/Hollis Shaw/Ralph Stuart Cover)
Joe Pass is my favorite Jazz musician and his version of All The Things You Are is my favorite Jazz song.

10. Elliott Smith | Between The Bars
I knew him before I heard he died on TV. I can't remember if I played this song exactly that day... In fact, almost all things on Earth are ironical like this.