WARMER MIXTAPES #700 | by Matthew Edward Murphy of The Wombats

1. Refused | Liberation Frequency
This track is from Refused's final album The Shape Of Punk To Come which came out in 1998 and got me into Hardcore Music, although I didn't hear it til a few years later. It really changed the Sound of Hardcore/Punk To Come and even today, this album sounds Futuristic and 'New' to me. The Dynamic Differences make this a Standout track. The Chorus Blowout is the Most Energetic Thing I've Ever Heard!

2. The Smashing Pumpkins | 1979
Being a Youth in the 1990's I used to Love the Alternative Rock/Grunge scene, and Smashing Pumpkins was one of the bands that Stood Out to me.

3. Radiohead | Everything In Its Right Place
Kid A was the album that made me Like and Experiment With Electronic Music. This track is the Most Magical Moment on the record.

4. The Cure | Just Like Heaven
A DJ Classic and One of My Favorite Cure tracks.

5. The Notwist | Boneless
Taken from the Melancholic German Electro Poppers' 2008 release The Devil, You + Me. Check out the rest of the record as well - it's Awesome!



6. Elliott Smith | Waltz #2 (XO)
One of the Most Soulful Singer/Songwriters in the 90's / early 2000, Elliott Smith released this single in 1998 (as a part of the album XO). Beautiful Song and a Must Have Album!

7. Phoenix | Too Young
Too Young was the First Song I Ever Heard from the French band's first album United, and Fell in Love with It Immediately. The track was also featured in the film Lost In Translation which is One of My Favorite Films!

8. Broken Social Scene | 7/4 (Shoreline)
One of the Highlights from my Favorite Canadian Band.

9. My Bloody Valentine | When You Sleep
This track is taken from the MBV record, Loveless, One of the Most Influential Records for Me Personally. The Dreamy Sound/Vibe of this record and the Subtle Melodies is Really Inspiring. It makes me Wanting to Create Music Straight Away and it's the Perfect Cure Against Writing-Blocks!

10. Depeche Mode | Enjoy The Silence
Another DJ Classic. It reminds me of Ridiculous Nights we've had in Little Indie Clubs on Tour.