WARMER MIXTAPES #676 | by Josef Salvat

1. Jethro Tull | Thick As A Brick
Not, strictly speaking, a song. One of the best of bits of Music my father ever showed me.

2. Georges Bizet | Carmen - Act 1, 5. Habanera: L'Amour Est Un Oiseau Rebelle (sung by Maria Callas)
This song taught me everything I have ever needed to know about Man and Woman, Love and Sex, Pain and Passion and all before I even understood the lyrics.

3. Mykki Blanco | Mendocino California
This is Skanky and Vivid. Totally Voyeuristic Listening. Mykki Blanco is one of the most Inspiring artists I’ve heard in a long time.

4. Florence & The Machine | Cosmic Love
A few friends and I had this EPIC experience driving in silence from Switzerland to France during Winter, White Mountainstowering up either side of the highway and this song at maximum volume, on repeat.

5. Daft Punk | Face To Face
I love this song. I don’t have any clear memories associated with it, which is probably enough said.

6. Bruce Springsteen | Born In The U.S.A.
I would choreograph spontaneous rock-outs to this song when I was about 8 years old and make my family watch. Over and over again.



7. The Crystals | He Hit Me (It Felt Like A Kiss)
The relationship between the Music and the Lyrics is so Retarded and Perfect. It’s Dark and Resigned yet Exultant and Defiant. Which is exactly how you want someone to feel after you hit them out of Love.

8. Nina Simone | Don’t Smoke In Bed
This isone of the few songs I can listen to whilst feeling sad. I usually find listening to Sad or Emotive Music, whilst I’m actually sad, an uncomfortable situation.

9. David Bowie | Heroes
Not even Moulin Rouge could fuck this up. It’s a monster of a song that always makes me feel like a boss, running through Time, in the Rain, about to jump off a cliff, for the biggest Love. Every time.

10. Britney Spears | Toxic
Teenage Trashiness in all its Glory. Underage Drinking, Clumsy Touching and Constant Embarrassment.

+11. Adele | Rolling In The Deep
I was living in Barcelona and the summer had been and gone and I was in a Depressing little Relationship hiatus and I was pretty poor. I heard Rolling In The Deep and forgot about everything else.