WARMER MIXTAPES #541 | by Adna Kadic [Adna]

1. Bon Iver | Perth
I’ve never cried as much as I did when I heard the intro of this song live at Annexet in Stockholm. I knew I was going to get some kind of emotional breakout, but not this extreme. It was as if the Music was being played inside of me and I could feel it vibrate under the skin. It truly is one of the best songs I have ever heard.

2. Simon & Garfunkel | The Boxer
I love sitting on the floor in the dark surrounded by candle lights listening to The Boxer being played by the turntable. I always get so impatient when waiting for the chorus to come, and when it does I sing along so loud I get a bit embarrassed in the end thinking did someone got their hearing hurt by it.

3. Band Of Horses | The Funeral
As I’m writing this I’m wondering if I’ve ever heard a better song than this one. After the first part of the song, when it explodes with drums and more guitars, I don’t know what to do with myself. I’ve never understood the lyrics even though I’ve tried to, but the Music tells its’ story by itself. Actually it tells me hundred of stories at the same time. Everything I love and hate creates a mess in my head by the lead-guitar, Ben’s voice and all the other sounds, but in that moment I enjoy the mess.

4. Jonathan Johansson | Stockholm
I get so proud being from Sweden when listening to this song. This is what I would like to call Music. Enough said.

5. First Aid Kit | I Met Up With The King
In a school project, standing on a stage in front of everybody, my friend and I exposed ourselves when reading texts we’d written after analyzing the lyrics of this song. Then we sang the song. The girls in First Aid Kit really are truly songwriters.

6. Mumford & Sons | Timshel
You know the feeling when you’re feeling so much you can’t really tell what and it in the end feels as you’re not feeling anything at all? That empty feeling, you know. No? Maybe you haven’t heard this song then.

7. Broder Daniel | Army Of Dreamers
We all need to scream sometimes to release what ever we’re holding in. I don’t scream, but I play this song and I scream in silence.

8. Kent | Varje Gång Du Möter Min Blick
I can’t remember all the times I’ve been sitting on the tram trough Gothenburg listening to this song and building myself dreams of it, and then written own lyrics of the dreams. It’s a that kind of a song.

9. Fleet Foxes | White Winter Hymnal
I’m so grateful to Fleet Foxes for writing this song and for all the times it has made a bad day to a good day when picking up the ukulele and playing it together with friends.

10. Håkan Hellström | Vid Protesfabrikens Stängsel
I’ve picked out a few Swedish songs already, but I can’t do this without honoring this Swedish musician. This song makes me so sad and happy at the same time, and it makes me love the rain since it sounds the best when you’re waking in the rain.