WARMER MIXTAPES #1562 | by Dylan Bernard

1. Toni Braxton | Un-Break My Heart
This song brings me back to my hometown in Erial, NJ, sitting in the car with my Mom singing this song out as loud as I could. Ultimately, this song kick started the love I’ve built inside of me for the Art of Music and Performing.

2. OutKast | Hey Ya!
This song was the epitome of my summer when I was about 8 years old. I remember learning how to roller skate and mastering it all at once to this song, just so I could show off. It brought so much positive energy into anything I was doing.

3. Usher | Yeah! (feat. Lil' Jon & Ludacris)
The first song I knew every word to and then some. Where Lil’ Jon exclusively in the music video starts with Do the A-Town stomp - Rock away & cut. This song got me in so much trouble because knowing every lyric to this song as an 8 year old threw my family and my camp counselors off a little bit and of course every time it came on, I made sure they knew that I knew the lyrics, so it was a good time! (LOL)

4. Mario | Let Me Love You
As I started to develop these little troublemakers called feelings, this song made me feel the closest thing I had ever felt to any kind of attraction. I performed it live at my first talent show for my first crush and barely made it through without tearing up because it was my first Live performance.



5. Chris Brown | Yo (Excuse Me Miss)
This song gave me so many feelings I didn’t even know were there. The beginning’s soft, smooth opening would pull anyone in and it did just that for me. I remember always finding an excuse to sing it because it was so good. Also, I soon discovered that I would not be dancing any time soon because I definitely tried.

6. Fall Out Boy | Thnks Fr Th Mmrs
I remember hearing this song and thinking to myself, maybe I like this style of Music too?... It unleashed my inner wild child and made my heart race.

7. Jason Mraz | I’m Yours
I’ve covered this song so many times, so to say that I hadn’t found my style roots at this point would be an insult to the song. Simple, yet meaningful, personal and relatable. Memories of my first High School talent show performance flood my brain with this song.

8. Justin Bieber | Baby (feat. Ludacris)
Justin and I had similar hairstyles, so of course my nickname for the longest time was Bieber. But it was so inspiring for me hearing this song come from someone so young which inspired me to keep going, getting closer and closer to unlocking my full potential.

9. Imagine Dragons | Radioactive
Their 2013 AMA performance of their hit song Radioactive really gave me an extra kick in my confidence level. That care free vibe that also sends a message was just what I was looking for. And I could feel it in my bones (get it?) that I was going to make something of myself. Not only for me, but for my Mom who passed away when I was 7 years old. This song helped my healing process.

10. Justin Bieber | Love Yourself
At this point in time, I was new to the world around me and seeing how everyone was so worried about their appearance. I’ve always been one to just go with the flow, so to see so much being put into what seemed so simple threw me off. On top of that, my (at the time) current relationship wasn’t going where I had hoped it would and I could feel everything changing around me. Love Yourself made me realize that change is good when it comes at the right moments, although we may not see/feel it at first.