WARMER MIXTAPES #1551 | by Cezar Roman [Spherus]

1. Photek | Ni-Ten-Ichi-Ryu (Two Swords Technique)
This is it, this is where the journey has started, it was the first Drum & Bass record I've ever heard. I was amazed, astonished, you name it... Since that moment I knew I would fall in Love with this genre. Probably one of Photek's best works ever made, this is what Drum & Bass should be about.

2. DJ Teebee | Guilty
I love all of Teebee's work. It's just that this track stands out the most, from the Sasha's Xpander sample to the rolling sub and the tight drum break... It's also quite different from his usual Grimier stuff, very euphoric. Definitely my favorite record from him.

3. Smith & Pledger pres. Aspekt | Hi-Jack (Instrumental Mix)
Before Drum & Bass, Trance was my first love and the saying goes you never forget your first love. I first heard this masterpiece in Tiƫsto's In Search Of Sunrise 5: Los Angeles and right after I had it on repeat for like one month. I was going to sleep and waking up with it in my mind. I was and still am truly in love with this track.

4. The Beatles | All My Loving
My mother always played their records around the house, so I basically grew up on them. All My Loving is a personal favourite of mine.

5. David Bowie | Space Oddity
I really can't describe in words my love and appreciation for David and this track particulary. It's just perfect.



6. Orjan | Prison Break
It's a shame I just discovered this track only six years ago. The riff is purely amazing, I could listen to this all day long.

7. Noisia | The Distance
Monster EP was released in 2005 on TeeBee's Subtitles imprint. The EP itself it's worth the money, but The Distance really stands out. Very atmospheric, different from Noisia's usual stuff.

8. BC | 4 Days
Fresh, dBridge, Maldini & Vegas put their mark on Techstep in early 2000's, they practically (re)invented it. Sure, there are The Nine, Planet Dust and other anthems from them, but this in particular caught my attention. Bad Company UK were the best Jungle collective, no doubt in that.

9. Brain Killers | Screwface
My cousin was into Jungle and Drum & Bass since mid 90's. He showed me this record a couple of years ago and I fell in love with it since then. The Winston Scotland's Butter Cup sample does it for me.

10. Origin Unknown | Valley Of The Shadows
Alright, I saved it for the last. Possibly the most famous Jungle/Drum & Bass tune of all time, 1993 was not ready for it. Andy was only 17 years old when he produced the track. The 2:24 pad gives me goosebumps every time. It's a classic and an anthem at the same time.