WARMER MIXTAPES #1512 | by Robbie Cavanagh

1. Father John Misty | I Love You, Honeybear
Josh Tillman is the master of romantically pouring out his heart, whilst remaining darkly cynical throughout. My best friend was reviewing the record for a website and sat me down to show me this. This song changed how I saw Songwriting and made me think twice about my craft.

2. The Cooper Temple Clause | A.I.M.
Hearing this song was the first time I understood the mix between Heavy Rock and Electronica. The way this song hits you in the face and the balls at the same time is just perfect.

3. R.E.M. | Living Well's The Best Revenge
I have incredible memories of travelling on the winding road around Lake Garda in a tour bus, listening to this song. It became our mascot song for the whole European tour.

4. Foy Vance | Gabriel And The Vagabond
Foy Vance is another artist who changed the way I looked at Songwriting. His voice, his choice of melodies, his guitar playing. It's all perfect. I've yet to see him live, but I'm sure I'll cry.

5. The Kinks | Apeman
This is the first song I ever tried to play. I remember going to see Ray Davies perform when I was a child. They were my first real Rock show. I played Apeman badly for years. Until recently when Whispering Bob Harris asked me to play it for a session I filmed with him. I got the chords right for the first time ever.



6. John Cameron Mitchell | Midnight Radio (Hedwig And The Angry Inch Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
When I find a piece of work I love, I write about it on my walls. I loved this movie, wrote about it on ALL my bedroom walls, then I saw Michael C. Hall in New York performing it and I cried like a baby. Reminiscent of everything great about Music. Bowie, Lou Reed, Iggy Pop. It's perfect.

7. I Am The Avalanche | Brooklyn Dodgers
My first break as a solo artist was opening for Vinnie Caruana from I Am The Avalanche. It changed my life and we became firm friends. We've toured together and hung together for years since. This record and this song make me feel Ecstasy.

8. Brand New | Limousine
The album The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me is another one that reminds me of touring Europe. I caught their show by accident at O2 Apollo Manchester and made sure I had tickets to every single show they did in Manchester since. It's Songwriting at its most honest.

9. mewithoutYou | Paper Hanger
mewithoutYou are a poetic, wonderfully chaotic band. An ex-girlfriend showed me this record, Catch For Us The Foxes, and I fell in Love with it, instead of her.

10. Don Henry | Where've You Been (Kathy Mattea Cover) (Recorded At Pine Ridge House Concerts, Clinton, TN, September 13, 2009)
Don Henry is one of the greatest songwriters I've ever heard. I performed for him at a Nashville Bluebird Café recreation in Liverpool and he inspired my writing from that point on.