WARMER MIXTAPES #1481 | by Mario Treadway [Souleye]

1. Alanis Morissette | Every single song!
Honestly I put all of Alanis’ Music into one playlist and then hit shuffle. Every single time I feel, learn and experience something new. It's like a musical tarot card reading.

2. Camp Lo | Sparkle
When I first heard Camp Lo I was about 17. At the time, basically all I did was play basketball and listen to Hip Hop. The thing about this song that really impacted me was the smooth melodic beat and the impeccable artistic rapping and flow in the delivery.

3. Ben Folds | The Luckiest
I think it's great to hear men sing from such a vulnerable authentic place, a balance of both the Masculine and Feminine. The Luckiest is an emotional and truly brilliant ballad.



4. Alexi Murdoch | Orange Sky
I love this song. There is a line in the song about Alexi and his brother that really resonates for me. My brother passed away in 2005, so when I heard this song it really hit home. It reminds me how thankful I am for Music and epitomizes the way that Music can resonate in such similar ways with such different people.

5. LYNX | Picture
To me, this song is just beautiful, the tones, the feelings, and the production always gets me. I have had the privilege to collaborate with LYNX and she is super talented. She writes beautiful lyrics and has an amazing voice, and crazy beatbox skills. We have had some incredible late night festival freestyles together.

6. Bush Babees | Gravity
I was 16 years old when I heard these guys. I was quickly pulled in by their positive conscious vibe.

7. Chachillie | 5150
Love the meaning in this song and the beat and rhymes are top notch. Chachillie and I have been friends for over 15 years and he's definitely been an inspiration to me. We recently collaborated on my new album Shapeshifting and he’s in the new video for The Victim where he sings the chorus.

8. Shaquille O’Neal | Still Can’t Stop The Reign (feat. The Notorious B.I.G.)
Yea, Shaq the basketball player! I was a fan of him as a basketball player and my grandmother actually introduced me to him when he played for Orlando. I remember when he put out his Rap album and I couldn’t believe he was a rapper! I was blown away with all his collaborations. He had Rakim, Jay-Z, Biggie Smalls… And Shaq held it down with these guys. He’s got a cool voice and tight flow.



9. Glass Animals | Gooey
Love the vibe and style these guys have put together. Their soft melodic and psychedelic lyrics all come together in such an unique way. It’s such a cool feeling when a song is both relaxing and danceable.

10. Chronixx | Eternal Fire
The album Dread & Terrible is so well done, I love all the tracks on it, but Eternal Fire stays with me more than any other. I find myself singing it for days and days. It gets stuck in my head so much.