WARMER MIXTAPES #1404 | by Oscar Lulu of Sundara Karma

1. MaxNormal.TV | Love Is...
Everything about this song is Magic. The lyrics are the most insightful and inspiring song lyrics I have ever heard. The song's basically about saying fuck you! to people who tell you you can't do something and to carry on no matter what. To be original and to take all the negative people/ bad vibes out of your life. This song and this artist (Watkin Tudor Jones aka Max Normal aka Ninja from Die Antwoord aka a million other things) came into my life at the perfect moment and that's something I'll always be grateful for. I even use this song as my alarm in the morning... However, it is slightly morose so I tend to sleep through it... A LOT! But when I do wake up to it - it's worth it. Without this song and this artist in my life it would 100% not be the same.

2. David Bowie | Heroes
Again another artist that if he were not to have existed, my life would not be the same. It's a song that washes away the Meaningless. When listening to this song you truly feel as though nothing could fall and that all you really need in Life is a certain kind of Romance. David Bowie is a Songwriting Titan and has always been brilliant at taping into Emotions and Aesthetics in his songs. I would find it hard naming someone else who does this better.

3. Bob Dylan | Like A Rolling Stone
Here is one of the only other men that could champion Bowie's songwriting. A song that will be here forever. I really do think that a great song must have some sort of primal connection in it that we all tap into. I swear, even if you have never heard a Bod Dylan song before, you will still recognise it the moment it is played to you.

4. Lynyrd Skynyrd | Free Bird
What's not to love about a song with a 7 minute guitar solo?

5. The Doors | Break On Through (To The Other Side)
This was one of the first songs we covered when we started the band and for that reason will always hold a special place in all of our hearts.


6. Jamie T | The Curious Sound 
This song is just makes me feel nostalgic. Sort of makes you want to feel young forever. This track is so underrated!

7. The Beach Boys | God Only Knows
My favourite song of all time. Amazing melody, just the way the song is put together, the texture and the layering is beautiful.

8. N.W.A | Fuck Tha Police
Just a hard tune.

9. The War On Drugs | Red Eyes
The production on the album Lost In The Dream takes your breath away, with crisp guitars, Ambient sythns and hazy vocals that sound like they are passing in the wind. Red Eyes is a texture of synths, Acoustic guitars and pianos living in fog which creates something beautiful and original.

10. Blood Orange | Chamakay
Chamakay includes vocals from Chairlift, and it has light and soothing vocals with a piece of R&B tinged Electronic Soul and it’s a song you can close your eyes and the Music will paint a picture with its almost Tribal drum beat. Chamakay is my favourite track off his Cupid Deluxe album.