WARMER MIXTAPES #1294 | by Akinobu Tatsumi [TA2MI]

1. Frédéric Chopin | Fantaisie-Impromptu (Played by Arthur Rubinstein)
Before I was born, I used to listen to this when I was still in my mother’s womb. She used to put the speaker against her stomach so I could hear it - even when I hear it now it makes me feel good.

2. Hot Blood | Soul Dracula 
As well as liking Classical Orchestral Music, my mother also likes Rock ’N’ Roll, and also Disco sounds for dancing in a club. At that time, this was the song! So when I was about 3 years old I was always listening to this Soul Dracula record of my mum’s.



3. Scatman John | Scatman (Ski-Ba-Bop-Ba-Dop-Bop)
When I was at Primary School or Middle School listening to this, I wasn’t sure if it was a voice or a sound. I thought it was amazing that the speed of the sounds was so fast.

4. Himekami | Kamigami No Uta
Listening to this song gives me the feeling of Sacredness, what it feels like when Japanese Gods or Buddha come together. I used to listen to this when I was at School.

5. Yellow Magic Orchestra | Rydeen
This song was when I first thought Electronic Music sounded good. When I was a child, I remember first hearing this in a TV shop somewhere.



6. DJ Krush | Big City Lover
When I was 18 or 20, I remember hearing this in a club. At that time everyone was into Happy Music, but I was also getting into this kind of Dope Music as well.

7. Bob Marley & The Wailers | Iron Lion Zion
I like all of Bob Marley’s songs. When I was 20 I would be listening to him all the time – in Kyoto there was a Reggae bar I would go to and always listen to Bob Marley and other Reggae sounds.

8. Massive Attack | Spying Glass (with Horace Andy)
When I was about 20, I heard Massive Attack and Asian Dub Foundation and this track was my favourite. At that time, it was my dream to one day become a musician and make a track together with this kind of artists. And then 10 years later I met Lord Kimo from Asian Dub Foundation and did a beatbox performance with him on stage as well as writing a track. Also, my close MC friend Omni has had some tracks produced by Tricky from Massive Attack, so it seems like my dream has become Reality.

9. Quantic | Transatlantic
When I was at University, I was listening a lot to Ninja Tune and Tru Thoughts and I really love the artists on those labels.

10. Darude | Sandstorm
When I was a student I listened to this. Around this time, at Hip Hop parties you could only play Hip Hop. But I wanted to play all genres of Music, even though this meant people were telling me that my DJing was no good. But I just wanted to play the Music that I like, and at that time it was this track!