WARMER MIXTAPES #1274 | by Kat Burns [KASHKA] of Forest City Lovers

1. Gotye | Hearts A Mess
I'm pretty obsessed with this man's music right now. I've been in the studio lately and every time we had a lunch break I'd show my producer (Leon Taheny) a new Gotye song and we'd talk about the method he made it. This song in particular has a great video as well. If Gotye ever wanted to take me on tour...

2. My Brightest Diamond | Inside A Boy
I listen to this song almost every day. It's beautiful and haunting and Shara Worden's voice is just perfect.

3. Light Fires | If We Got Along Ever 
This is another project that James Bunton, my collaborator and producer on Vichada, is working on. Regina is a sassy sarcastic force to reckon with on this song.

4. Kit Knows | Summer In The City 
I am diggin' on this song right now because it's a sexy tribute to Toronto in the summer. Really, what could be better?

5. Golden Ghost | Plain Sight 
Laura Goetz is a such a lovely girl and I consider her an inspiring friend. Her voice always reminds me, in a strange way, of a young Dolly Parton. The version from Daytrotter Session is a great live version of one of the songs that probably got the most play of anything in the Forest City Lovers tour van.



6. Warm Myth | Working
My longtime and dear friend Casey put out a few songs with the talented Kieran Adams under this moniker. They're like beautiful lullabies to drift into dreamland with.

7. Danny Michel | The Invisible Man 
I'm a sucker for simple and repetitive riffs (who isn't?) and this song is very satisfying that way.

8. St. Vincent | Surgeon (4AD Session)
There is a fantastic live video from this session. I really admire Annie Clark, she is a fantastic songwriter and performer. I strive to be half as good as her!

9. Kronos Quartet Performs Phillip Glass | String Quartet No. 2 (Company): III & IV (1983)
It's more like a whole album, but I love the Kronos Quartet Performs Phillip Glass. I listen to it when I'm on planes a lot, it's totally calming and beautiful.

10. Dolly Parton | 9 To 5 (9 To 5 Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Because I can never get enough of Dolly Parton!