WARMER MIXTAPES #1182 | by Alexandra Ioana Stan [Alexandra Stan]

1. Mariah Carey | Hero
This song reminds me of my first Karaoke nights, when I was going out with my friends and we had to wait in line for three hours to get on stage. Good old days! I loved to sing this song!

2. Warren G. & Nate Dogg | Regulate
This song transmits a certain groove when you listen to it before going up on stage. It gives a certain energy boost and it helps me get into the right mood for the concert!

3. Rihanna | Rude Boy
Perfect song for a night out with the girls and it’s impossible to sit down. Rude Boy is the song you dance all your problems away!

4. Lily Allen | Fuck You 
I think that everyone who broke up with someone listened to this song at some point. It just helps you get over it with a big smile.

5. Kylie Minogue | In My Arms
I was born in one of the biggest cities from the seaside in my country, so you can figure that I am somewhat addicted to Sun and Waves. This song makes me think of the Sea, the days and nights spent on the beach with my friends, the tanned skin, the sexy dresses and the high heels us girls wore when we were going out.


6. Martin Solveig & Dragonette | Hello 
This song was launched in the same period when I started having my first concerts and it reminds me of those beautiful times. I was super excited to be on stage, my biggest dream came true. I will always associate this song with those days!

7. The Prodigy | Firestarter 
Firestarter is that kind of song that gets you into the work mood! I often listen to it before going to the studios, it gets me the energy I need for songwriting or for the recording sessions. It gets you movin'!

8. Shakira | Underneath Your Clothes 
Wow, the memories that I have with this song goes way back! 10 years ago I sang Shakira's song when being part of a musical contest for children, The Little Stars Of The Sea. It was the first song I sang on the stage and it seems that it was a lucky choice, as I was placed second at that contest.

9. Anouk | Nobody’s Wife 
When I started singing, I wanted to become a Rock artist. You wouldn't say, would you? But at the time that was the path I considered right for me. I wanted to start a Rock band and sing some representative songs from legends like Anouk and Alanis Morissette. Even some of Avril Lavigne's songs were on the list. So Nobody's Wife will always reminds me of the first steps I took in the Artistic World.

10. Jamie Woon | Night Air 
Nothing compares to the High School memories and I associate Night Air with the last days of High School, the most exciting and thrilling couple of weeks.

+11. James Blake | Limit To Your Love (Feist's 'The Limit To Your Love' Cover)
This is an epic song for every girl! My recommendation is to be listened at the maximum volume, on repeat.

+12. Arctic Monkeys | One For The Road 
This song reminds me of LA. I don't know why, but I associate it with a period I spent it in Los Angeles. So, whenever I listen to this song I relive the fun moments I had there. When you love what you do and your team feels the same, work turns into fun. So that's what this song reminds me of: the countless work hours spent in LA and the happiness I felt when doing what I love to do.

+13. Sia | Chandelier 
Now this is an inspirational song. It's like a guiding light for the years to come. I use Chandelier as an inspiration for the next steps I'm about to take, for what's going to happen in the near future.



+14. JAY Z | Holy Grail (feat. Justin Timberlake)
This video totally changed my perception about what a Music Video should look like. So it's also an inspiration for me and for a lot of other artists, I bet on it!

+15. Kanye West | Love Locked Down 
There is one particular flashback that comes to me when I listen to this song: being in the Senior High School Year with my friend, Irina, who just passed her driving license exam. We were driving around Constanţa, listening to this song on repeat. Heh, you don't realize how much you miss some moments from your life, until you listen to a song that reminds you of them.