1. Jerry Lee Louis | Great Balls Of Fire
One of the last great Rock 'N' Roll pieces. After this Rock 'N' Roll just didn't interest me anymore.

2. Bedřich Smetana | Má Vlast: The Moldau (Performed by BBC Symphony Orchestra; Conductor: Vilém Tauský)
This was the first song that really touched me. I must have been between eight or nine when I first heard it. The piece felt romantic, dynamic, sinister, but full of hope, pathetic and happy all at the same time.

3. The Beatles | She Loves You
Perfect for pubescent boys. My English then was not good enough to be able to understand the lyrics but it didn't matter. Their Music was so intense, breathtaking and totally different from what was going on at the time. I was always wound up when a new Beatles single came out. It always felt so incredibly refreshing, emotional and new. For a few years I was a great fan, and for a long time after they had split up too. As I got older I began to understand what they where saying. Around 1965 I joined a local beat-band called The Stuntmen as their drummer. The other band in town were The Scorpions who later went on to sell millions of records. Both bands sang in English and played music from the UK Pop charts. We copied the English lyrics by listening to the songs over and over and writing it down in phonetic German spelling, which probably sounded sort of English, but made no sense in either language, a little like Chaplin's improvised German speech in The Great Dictator.

4. The Kinks | You Really Got Me
A totally revolutionary and aggressive sound, You Really Got Me blew my mind. Hard to believe now but back then the sound was truly ground-breaking for Pop Music. I heard it for the first time via Radio Luxembourg, in those times an underground radio station! Also hard to believe. The radio signal was pretty bad and sometimes disappeared completely. That radio waves going in and out made You Really Got Me kind of Psychedelic.

5. The Beach Boys | Barbara Ann (The Regents Cover)
My second gig with The Stuntmen was as a support act - a devastating disaster. We did not own any equipment, apart from our instruments. The main act who owned all the equipment didn't show up so we improvised, played and sang via two huge Goodman cinema loudspeakers and one mono amp, in front of maybe fifteen spectators. The sound was hugely frustrating. In those times you usually performed for five to six hours, in 45 minutes slots and had breaks of 20 minutes in between sets. During those breaks someone switched on the music box and choose Barbara Ann by The Beach Boys, which was no problem until this dude did it again and again, and at least 40 times during that evening. Since this historical gig that piece of Music is forever connected with all frustrations of that evening.

6. Cream | I Feel Free 
This was the Future! It brought Magic into Music. And it was not only this piece of Music. Hendrix was a genius. I was pretty stoned when I saw him live on Germany's first huge Rock Festival on Fehmarn Island in summer of 1971. He was announced to come four hours before he arrived via helicopter. The crowd already gotten mad and started yelling and booing. Hundreds of cops appeared and were ready to beat the hell out of us. Pretty scary.

7. The Jimi Hendrix Experience | Hey Joe
Jimi appeared on stage and was welcomed with 10,000 catcalls out. He just said: So we can't get happy together! and started playing. During one minute he turned the negative atmosphere into its opposite. It stopped raining for the first time after two days of mud, the Sun came out and strong winds blew the sound around the festival. Incredibly magical! One week later he died in a London hotel, aged 27. We all were shocked.

8. Pink Floyd | Grantchester Meadows
In 1970 we dropped LSD almost every weekend. I was in Hamburg and visiting a friend who studied Psychology. In the University's 2000 capacity lecture hall a British band was announced I had never heard before. We went there, payed £1,60 for admission and listened to Pink Floyd performing their newest album Ummagumma. It was an extraordinary experience without necessarily being stoned. It was to be another big change in my Musical taste. I saw Pink Floyd three times. The last time I saw them was in Berlin in 1977. I was completely bored during their performance and the kids around me just cared about the monstrous effects. The four musicians on stage seemed to play without empahsis. I left the venue and never listened to their music again.

9. Kraftwerk | Autobahn
In the beginning of the 1970's I played in a Rock band named Wallenstein. On several occasions we were in on the same bill as Kraftwerk. The long-haired musicians of Kraftwerk had a very strange backline set up: a few tables with electronic devices I had never seen before. They usually played last and a lot of people usually left their shows early. I reckon it was because their music was so ahead of its time. A short time later Autobahn was released and became a worldwide hit. After a Klaus Schulze concert they stood shy and humble behind the PA, waiting to meet us; no one seem to recognize Ralf and Florian. We went to a restaurant and had a nice conversation, where I asked both whether they where aware at the time that Autobahn would become such a huge hit, when they producted it. They both answered: Yes, we knew it!

10. Underworld | Born Slippy .NUXX (Extended)
Until around 1994 I never listened to Techno Music. Simply because I was not clubbing anymore. I felt too old for dancefloors. On a festival for German Electronic Music in The Netherlands I met a young journalist who told me that Music of Ashra, Klaus Schulze and Tangerine Dream was a main influence for Techno Music. Than he invited me to visit famous DJ Sven Väth's record label Recycle Or Die. I met Sven and was surprised that he was keen with what I was doing. I was invited to record and later perform live at Montreux Jazz Festival with of of the labels act The Ambush (Oliver Lieb). The people of the label invited me to see a concert of Underworld in Cologne. I subconsciously had heard them in the film Trainspotting. The band had a real affect on me and continue to do so to this day.