WARMER MIXTAPES #1149 | by Ryan Vail

1. Nils Frahm | Says
Nils Frahm has been someone that I've keep going back to time and time again. His approach to Music is so refreshing. Seeing a Classical pianist using vintage synths in such a Minimal way is beautiful. His new album Spaces gets a lot of play in my house...

2. Ólafur Arnalds | Old Skin (feat. Arnór Dan)
I first came across this track on YouTube. The video is absolutely outstanding. The perfect connect between a cinematographer and a musician. Another great track from his album to check out is I Am Winter.

3. John Grant | You Don't Have To
This album lyrically is fantastic. Extremely raw and honest. This track's lyrics blow me away every time...

4. College | A Real Hero (feat. Electric Youth) (Drive Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Discovered this on the film Drive. I have a major soft spot for old synth sounds. This one hits in all the right places.

5. Warpaint | Biggy
This track reminds us of being on our honey moon. We went to see Ruff Trades new shop in Brooklyn and they had this blasting threw out the shop...

6. Todd Terje | Johnny And Mary (feat. Bryan Ferry) (Robert Palmer Cover)
I had the pleasure of supporting Todd Terje. His album I knew would be epic. This track we did not expect. By far our favourite of his...

7. King Creosote & John Hopkins | John Taylor's Month Away
I met Jon Hopkins for the first time just before this came out. When we asked him what he was doing he told us I'm working on something completely different to my own stuff. 6 months later this came out and he was nominated for a Mercury.

8. Bon Iver | Calgary
This is our hang over track. So easy to listen to. Perfect Sunday morning soundtrack...

9. Mount Kimbie | Break Well
Mount Kimbie's Break Well track sounds so nice turned up loud! The intro to the bass. It's all good.

10. Jagwar Ma | Uncertainty
This band are the coolest guys we have ever met. On stage they're absolute animals. If you can't dance to this, go get your head checked!