WARMER MIXTAPES #1073 | by Natalie Foster of Tully On Tully

1. Local Natives | Who Knows Who Cares
I love this band, but the harmonies in this song in particular make me melt.

2. The Jackson 5 | I Want You Back
I remember learning this song to perform at Uni and I had the best time ever. I think it just made me realise that having fun while rehearsing and performing was a vital part of my relationship with music.

3. Brand New | Play Crack The Sky
Greg (our guitarist) used to crash at my house all the time after big nights out. In the mornings we'd sit there feeling incredibly sorry for ourselves - Greg would play my guitar and we'd sing this song (along with others). I think it was one of the only songs we both new all the lyrics to.

4. Father John Misty | Hollywood Forever Cemetery Sings
The video to this song is so dark, I love it. Also, Josh Tillman could be a comedian - he's so good to watch live!

5. Daft Punk | Get Lucky (feat. Pharrell Williams)
This song was the first song played after the countdown to New Years this year. 'Nuff said.

6. The Drones | I See Seaweed
Anything that can make me listen intently for 9 minutes has to be good, right?

7. Delta Spirit | Scarecrow
There's something about a song that is this stripped back - you can't help but be drawn into the lyrics. Also I've thrashed this album because it's been in my car for at least 3 years now.



8. Bad Books | Pyotr 
Andy Hull from Bad Books said that this song is about Peter The Great (the Russian tsar). Apparently, Peter discovers that his wife, Katherine has been cheating on him, so Peter has her lover beheaded. He then has the man's head placed into a jar to preserve it and puts it on display for his wife to see all the time. It's written from the point of view of both Peter and Katherine's lover in alternating verses. It's pretty messed up, but it's written so beautifully and I definitely recommend having a listen to this one.

9. Mumm-Ra | What Would Steve Do?
I made a mix tape for a guy called Steve, so this was obviously the feature song on it (along with Good Friday by CocoRosie - that was a creepy song…).

10. Grizzly Bear | Sun In Your Eyes
Grizzly Bear could do anything and I would put in my top 10… In fact they should really feature a lot more in this list!