WARMER MIXTAPES #1059 | by Asbjørn Toftdahl [Asbjørn]

1. Lykke Li | Love Me Like I’m Not Made Of Stone
I remember listening to her first album, Youth Novels, in 2008 and I just thought; wow, this is how Pop Music should be. Strong in its vulnerability, brave and self-exposing. She will be a legend.

2. Ciara | Gimmie Dat
I’ve been practicing my twerk to this one. Ain’t nothing like a song that makes you drop down to the ground.

3. Rangleklods | Control
Brilliant productions. I’m always having the time of my life at the concerts; Esben is so ridiculously good at building up and making the crowd go crazy though he’s kinda introvert himself.

4. Drake | From Time (feat. Jhené Aiko)
Her vocals are stunning. Also these lyrics hit me hard: I love me enough for the both of us.

5. Highasakite | Leaving No Traces
Ingrid is one of the best female vocals I’ve ever heard. Chills guaranteed. I’m sort of building up courage to ask her to do a song with me. Keep your fingers crossed!



6. Emilie Nicolas | Pstereo (DumDum Boys Cover) 
A modern Pop classic! The soundtrack of my summer 2013, touring, dancing, falling in love, aching, partying, thinking, forgetting.

7. Nicki Minaj | Super Bass
I’ve always had a real lyric-ear and tend to remember the most random things. Like this Rap that makes no sense at all but it’s fucking epic. Best rapper in the world.

8. Lydmor | A Lot Of Love
One of the craziest live performers, totally manic, weird, energetic and that reflects in the crowd; they lose control too. Her debut album A Pile Of Empty Tapes is brilliant and this is my favorite song. Pop-pearl!

9. Beyoncé | Mine (feat. Drake)
You can’t deny Drake’s songwriting skills and this song has his name all over it. The video made such a huge impression, her dress like an ocean, desert explosions and the simple and beautiful lyrics. LOVE IT.

10. Boho Dancer | Superheroes
Ida wrote the song from the novel Elanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell. Heartbreaking, but optimistic. It’s all I am singing these days. Classic.