WARMER MIXTAPES #1004 | by Barbara Trentalange [Trentalange] of Spyglass

1. PJ Harvey | Oh My Lover
One of the first songs I heard after moving to Seattle to pursue my dream of making a living as a Musician. This song influenced me more than any other and confirmed my pursuit was the right one.

2. Aerosmith | Dream On
I remember hearing this song when I was really little. I had no idea what it meant, but it was so haunting. I wanted to hear it over and over again. It Sounded so full of Longing and Sadness. Every time I hear it, it brings me right back to the first time I heard it.

3. Stevie Wonder | Sir Duke
Growing up we had an unfinished basement with an old 50s Jukebox that my brothers and I filled with our 45s. Sir Duke was one of the many gems in it that I would play over and over again and Roller-Skate around the basement. It Sounds like (and was) Pure Happiness.

4. Sinéad O'Connor | Jackie
This song encapsulates Raw Grief. It is an amazing Performance and song. I would listen to this song when I was growing up, wailing away in my bedroom with my mom screaming at me to keep it down!!!...

5. Marvin Gaye | Got To Give It Up
I dare anyone to sit still when this song is playing. It is next to impossible.

6. Radiohead | Paranoid Android
Rock And Roll’s version of an Opera. The Writing is so Complex and Seamless. There have been so many people trying to emulate Radiohead, but no one has come close to this Masterpiece.

7. Dolly Parton | Jolene
She has such a sweet Innocence about her Voice. The Sadness is almost undetectable in the Performance, but the Lyrics are Brutal. The more I listen to it, the more devastating it gets.

8. Jeff Buckley | Grace
I saw Jeff Buckley at a small club in Seattle right after I moved to town in 1992. He opened the Show with Grace. I didn’t need to see any more after that. It brought tears to my eyes. His Passion and Vocal Performance were Perfection. It is still the Best Performance To Date I Have Ever Seen.

9. Massive Attack | Angel
Dark, Sinister and Beautiful. Song Perfection.

10. Nick Drake | River Man
My old bandmate John Roth, of Spyglass, turned me onto Nick Drake. River Man immediately caught my attention. It is such a haunting song without all the bravado. It is the Beauty within Melancholy and Sadness.