WARMER MIXTAPES #940 | by Carlos Martín [Carlotek]

1. Camarón de la Isla & Paco de Lucía | Como El Agua
This was one of the first tracks that I can remember hearing and feeling really moved by. It’s a Flamenco piece that I used to hear a lot when I was younger. Camarón’s Vocal on it gives me goosebumps every time.

2. Photek | U.F.O.
I remember hearing this on a Car Stereo when I was too young to really know about Drum & Bass. I remember absolutely loving it to bits. That was when I caught the D&B bug…

3. Jeff Mills | The Sun
This is a really simple record, with not that much to it. But the Energy on it is incredible and the Vocal is really infectious.

4. John Tejada | Clever Bunch
The EP that this is taken from, Cleaning Sounds Is A Filthy Business, is one of the best Tech-House EPs for me. It’s Melodic, Original, Progressive in Nature and it stands up in a club, or a living room. I keep coming back to it, year after year.

5. Ulrich Schnauss | Her And The Sea
I love this track and the rest of the album that it’s from. It’s perfect for a cosy, Warm Winter Evening.

6. Theo Parrish | Falling Up (Carl Craig Remix)
This track reminds me of a time when I was discovering the world of Tech-House. Tracks like this had an Abstract, but really exciting Sound, I couldn’t help but look further...

7. SebastiAn | Walk Man
When I first heard this, I was like This is fucking crazy!!!! I need a copy!!!...

8. LTJ Bukem | Music
This a beautiful early Drum ‘n’ Bass tune. So Melodic and genuinely Euphoric. It’s strange because it came out before my time, but I felt a kind of Nostalgia for it, almost like I wanted to be there, back in the early 90s

9. Motor City Drum Ensemble | Monorail
I like the Synth that he uses in this track and when he takes the Melody up an Octave it really lifts you up!

10. DJ Narrows | Saved Soul
This was one of the first tracks I bought on Vinyl. It was when Garage was taking a Darker turn, just before Grime came around. The Hook and the Vocal work perfectly together.