Photo by Olivia Locher

1. Arthur Russell | Place I Know/Kid Like You
I first heard World Of Echo by Arthur Russell back in 2006 and I became instantly obsessed. I remember having this album on a continuous loop for several months and listened to exclusively nothing else. I slowly started to discover and unravel special moments that seemed fleeting, and after many multiple listens I still couldn't find them again without listening to the entire album. Arthur's Music spoke to me in a way Music never did before. His use of Ambient Structure and Pop sensibilities completely blew my mind. Fast forward 7+ years later and World Of Echo is still my favorite album of All Time. Place I Know / Kid Like You was always one of my favorite tracks from the album. In my mind his Music is absolutely Perfect.

2. Steve Reich/Kronos Quartet/Pat Metheny | Different Trains: America – Before The War
Different Trains was my introduction to Steve Reich and my All Time favorite piece by the composer. After first hearing this piece I became fascinated with the idea of using Recorded Speech as a source for Melody. Different Trains tells the story of Reich's early childhood, his train trips between the East and West coasts to visit his separated parents, and also the train trips Jews were forced to take during the Holocaust. The piece is so moving and effecting, giving me chills every time I hear it.

3. John Cage | 4′33″ (Played by David Tudor)
The work of John Cage has probably been one of my biggest Artistic and Musical Inspiration. I picked 4'33" because this Music is happening right now, everywhere. From time to time I'll take Sound walks with Binaural microphones connected to my Field-recorder and I record my journeys. It's always a reward talking a walk with a previous days recording playing through my headphones. Please just take 4 minutes and 33 seconds of anything and surprisingly it's always something to be cherished.

4. Brian Eno | 1/1
I first heard Music For Airports when I was a freshman in High School and it completely opened my mind to Ambient Music. This single Piano line has been repeated and thread throughout my life so many times that it has been ingrained deep into my body and soul. 1/1 is very much like my personal mantra and within minutes of hearing it I feel this deep Eternal Bliss.

5. Henry Cow | War
This is such a great Unconventional piece of Music that plays like a Top 40 hit from Hell. It is only two and a half minutes, but I could listen to it repeatedly for hours! Dagmar's opening line: Tell of the birth, tell how War appeared on Earth has found it's way deep into my subconscious and has haunted me ever since. Plus the Musicianship is completely outstanding!


6. Delia Derbyshire | Colour (with Barry Bermange)
From Invention For Radio No. 1: The Dreams... Delia Derbyshire was an English musician and best known for her work with the BBC Radiophonic Workshop. When I discovered Colour I felt like I found the ultimate motherlode of early Electronic and Concrete Music. The Dreams is a collection of collaged interviews with people describing their dreams alongside Delia's frightening and dissonant soundbeds. The piece is in five movements, each a different sensation of Dreaming - Running, Falling, Landscape, Underwater and Colour. Colour was always my favorite.

7. Gavin Bryars | Jesus' Blood Never Failed Me Yet (with Tom Waits)
Jesus' Blood Never Failed Me Yet is centered around the voice of a homeless man recorded in London by Bryars, singing a beautifully simple melody, Jesus' blood never failed me yet... There's one thing I know, for he loves me so. It starts with just his voice and is continuously looped for the duration of the piece. Eventually instruments enter -- silky strings, some guitar, eventually horns and what sounds like a full orchestral suite. It builds very slowly with each new cycle, so it's difficult to tell how big the arrangement will become. It creates a Spiritual and profoundly moving piece of Minimal Music that is absolutely Timeless.

8. Robert Ashley | Max: Odalisque & Character Reference
From Atalanta (Acts Of God)... The story of Atalanta has something to do with a Royal princess who was raised by animals to become the fastest-running Human on Earth. I love how Robert Ashley rarely raises his voice and seems to drift in and out of my consciousness.

9. Seefeel | Climactic Phase #3 
This was apparently made using guitars and looping pedals, but somehow I still haven't heard anything that sounds quite like this.

10. William Basinski | dlp 1.1 Live at The Metropolitan Museum of Art, September 11, 2011
Hearing this Live recording of William Basinski's The Disintegration Loops recorded Live in New York City on the 10th year anniversary of 9/11 couldn't be anymore powerful. My favorite thing about this recording is when the piece ends and there is several minutes of silence until the audience finally applause.