WARMER MIXTAPES #634 | by Conrad Clifton

This is definitely one of the most random collections of songs, because my taste varies widely. But if you know my music, you'll totally get it.

1. Kendrick Lamar | Bitch, Dont Kill My Vibe
Love this sh!t. First of all Kendrick Lamar is the Truth, period. The whole album is incredible actually, but I've limited my selection to this one. Everything about this is right, from the simplistically, perfectly grooved-out beat, to the Rap which is always on point, to the vocal harmonies which are perfectly set in place. But most importantly, I ACTUALLY want to play this song to get in a good vibe... Cheers, Kendrick.

2. Flosstradamus | ☮☮☮ Lana's Theme ☮☮☮
I love Lana Del Rey, but could never play her music in a party situation… Enter Flosstradamus! This track is so beautiful, but so HARD at the SAME DAMN TIME. With the recent craze over Trap Music, a lot of people have been getting it horribly wrong. But, Flosstradamus doesn't disappoint, and this one is definitely dope.

3. Teebs | Cook, Clean, Pay The Rent (New House Version)
This is so dope, because it's so simple and so perfect. He didn't need anything else in this composition. The reason I love this so much right now, is because it perfectly translated the mood in Brooklyn when Hurricane Sandy came through. It really didn't hit us too hard, but Manhattan & Jersey got the worst of it, with the flooding & power outages. Other places got really messed up, like in Central America!! But, when everybody was calling around to make sure we were safe, it was like actually, yeah we're good. We were blessed. Cook, Clean, Pay The Rent… (and enjoy the day off).

4. Cid Rim | Draw
This track is so beautiful. I love when a composition has such beautiful chords, and a vibe that should be really cool and chilled out, but then the drums ride in a way that give it such energy that you can't help but to move to it. This is what I try to do with all of my music... When you've given your music these competing qualities, you also give it its own Unique Vibe, and Sensibility.



5. Lone | As A Child (feat. Machinedrum)
I love nearly all of Lone's music, and Machinedrum is one of the most incredible producers I've ever heard. Bringing these two together, for me, is like a beautiful gift from the Universe... I mean that 100%. This track is another example of the Perfection that comes from combining such beautiful, Lush, Melodic Musicality, and Energetic, Driving, Polyrhythmic, Perfectly Set-In drums. The reverbed-out vocal on top was just the icing on the Kahlua cupcakes.

6. Floating Points | Farukx
What can I say about this? It's like an Extraterrestrial orchestra. Beautiful, I could listen to this on repeat. I wish it was like a Burial track, and 11 minutes long.

7. Rustie | City Star
I love that it starts off so nice, Gentle, Passive, and Dainty... Then it just gets RAW! So dope. Somethin' that kills me is that these kids from Glasgow (Scotland) are making such HARD beats! Being from America, I'd never see that coming... That's why I love producers like Rustie & Hudson Mohawke.



8. TNGHT | Goooo
This is so ill. Lunice and Hudson Mohawke make a great team! It's hard to get a collaboration right, but I'll be droppin' this in my set every chance I get. Everything about this is right, from the heavy kicks & bass, to the reverbed-out background sounds, to the dirty raw synths! So dope.

9. Lone | Aquamarine
Again Lone, one of my favorite producers. I love the movement of this track. It makes me wanna dance in my seat... Like I wanna move to it, but I don't want to miss anything in the track. I want to hear EVERYTHING. The way he composes is so dope, I totally get it. It ebbs and flows... Gives you Intro, Verse, Chorus, Bridge, and Outro. This is something I try to do with all of my music.

10. Miike Snow | Bavarian #1 (Say You Will)
I waited for Miike Snow's 2nd album for what seems like forever. But it finally came, and it couldn't have been any better. I love the whole flow of the album, but this one stands out, and I can't stop listening to it. This sounds nothing like the 1st album, but it's still perfect… Very hard to do. I also love that I can play this at a party, and it mixes well because of the naked drum pattern in the beginning. Great segue track...

+11. Flying Lotus | MmmHmm (feat. Thundercat)
I love this track so much right now... It's like every chord is a description of the way my soul feels. I don't know, it's hard to describe. It's like a translation to the foreign language that my heart speaks. Beautiful.

+12. Conrad Clifton | Too Honest
Now that you know my musical taste, you see where my production style comes from. I'll never get tired of hearing this track, I love it. It has everything on the list - beautiful Lush melodies, Energetic, Driving drum patterns, Intro, Verse, Chorus, Bridge, Outro, and a really dope vibe. The plus is that there's actually a concept here... There is such a thing as being Too Honest. Your significant other might think they want to know everything, but sometimes it might be too much. The track starts off where everything is cool, and she's happy your telling her the Truth, because that's what we should do. But as the track progresses, she starts to get more and more angry, until she's taking your head off, and can't believe you'd ever say what you just said! So what now?